Otterblog

A record of the renovation of a
Wooden Drascombe Longboat 'Otter'


14t January 2007, Git-Rot test

I did a test on the Git-Rot. Drilled some holes in some rotten ply and poured in the mixed Git-Rot. As the Git-Rot was absorbed I topped it up.

A couple of days later I cut through it to see what had happened. You can see the well of Git-Rot at the bottom of the hole. It doesn't seem to have penetrate very far.

Another hole.

I also put some Git-Rot onto a rotten piece of Iroko. On the right is West System epoxy for comparison.

The epoxy, when dry, was very tough on the surface but with no penetration.

 

The results for the Git-Rot are not very good but I have since read the instructions on the BoatLife website and will carry out an improved test soon.

<Previous Home Next>


Unless stated otherwise, Colin Watt 2006, 2007

Please read the disclaimer.


Last updated: 15 January, 2007